... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 7 PM PDT this
evening for the Willamette Valley...
A High Wind Warning remains in effect until 7 PM PDT this
* Winds: south winds of 10 to 20 mph will increase abruptly this
afternoon into the 25 to 35 mph range with widespread gusts to
50 mph. Gusts to 60 mph will be possible.
* Timing: strongest winds now through 5 PM.
* Locations include: Hillsboro... Portland... Oregon City...
Gresham... Troutdale... Salem... McMinnville... Eugene...
Corvallis... Albany... Vancouver... Battle Ground... Camas... and
* Impacts: power outages and areas containing significant tree
damage are possible.
* As of noon: isolated reports of tree limbs coming down and power
outages are surfacing from Eugene... Beaverton... and Creswell. So
far the strongest wind gusts measured at weather stations have
been between 40 and 45 mph near Corvallis and Aurora.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.